Edison’s pursuit of excellence in the fields of quality, environment and safety, and improvement of its performance dates back many years.
Customer satisfaction, respect of existing laws, protection of the environment, safeguard of the health and safety of employees and other relevant parties, and cooperation with authorities and local communities are the guiding principles that inspire the actions of the Edison team.
To ensure excellence Edison operates an integrated Health, Safety and Environmental Management System (HSE Management system). This has been developed to ensure that our policies are applied and aligned with industry practice.
Edison recognizes that long‐term business success depends on the ability to improve our performances while protecting people and the environment.
Our commitment is to carry out Exploration & Production activities in a responsible manner to health, safety and environment in cooperation with our stakeholders.
We require the active commitment and accountability for QHSE from all employees and contractors. Line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation and ensuring compliance with QHSE policies and standards.
We are committed to:
- promote and implement integrated management systems for HSE, according to international standards ensuring HSE performances in accordance with regulations;
- provide safe working environments against injury and work‐related ill health in line with our duty of care obligations;
- create and maintain a strong safety and environmental culture by developing and increasing awareness, skills and knowledge of our team;
- implement a consistent HSE risk assessment process encompassing all performed activities;
- set Quality & HSE performance objectives and targets, monitor and measure results, assess and continually improve processes and services, through the use of an effective management system;
- cooperating with Stakeholders at any level by ensuring fairness and transparency in the relations;
- plan for, respond to and recover from any emergency, crisis and business disruption and test on a regular basis to ensure effectiveness;
- promote good and effective HSE management among contractors and suppliers increasing their awareness and responsibility on HSE matters;
- track any incident and perform wide incident analysis and root causes identification to learn from our mistakes to improve our operational performance.